Australian Taxation Office
11:20 AM PANEL DISCUSSION: Senior Leaders Deliberate and Strategise Against Present and Future Cyber Security Challenges
Industry experts discuss their unique vulnerabilities and challenges in the cyber space including the pressing issues of sophisticated cyber threats and digital landscape transformations. Concentrating on recent experiences in their organisations this panel will share their critical security decisions and actions taken to increase both internal and external cyber defences.
- The insider threats and the need to effectively mitigate them with internal skills and awareness training.
- Proactively addressing the shortage of skilled cyber security professionals, and non-technical employees lacking awareness of cyber security practices.
- Identifying and prioritising the most pressing security concerns and establishing solutions in an ever-expanding cyber security market.
11:00 AM CASE STUDY: Developing Cyber Security Skills and Mentoring the Next Generation of Cyber Security Talent
This presentation will focus on addressing the challenges of attracting, retaining, and developing cyber talent within a constrained market. This includes tailoring career paths to resources, developing mentoring structures, optimising training structures, and creating a work place culture to retain cyber resources.
- Strategies used to build and retain Cyber talent
- Developing diversity within cyber security
- Establishing necessary attributes of successful teams and staff members